This kit is a tool to test hardness of water (the presence of calcium and magnesium) and the presence of chlorine - the two factors that most adversely affect hair, scalp and skin issues. YOUR HAIR WILL TELL WHEN YOUR WATER IS WELL!
YOUR HAIR WILL TELL WHEN YOUR WATER IS WELL
Includes FREE Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Treatment
What It Is:
This kit is a tool to test hardness of water (the presence of calcium and magnesium) and the presence of chlorine - the two factors that most adversely affect hair, scalp and skin issues. This kit also includes a comprehensive Water Analysis Guide to help you interpret the results of your water hardness test to better understand the specific effects your water is having on your hair and scalp.
Who Needs It:
Everyone who wants to learn what’s hiding in their water to discover how these elements specifically affect their hair and skin. These two quick and easy tests are beneficial for all ages and all hair types exposing their hair to hard or softened water. Note: Over 70 % of the U.S. population shampoos in hard water.
- 1 Water Hardness Test Strip
- 1 Vial Chlorine indicator
- Easy Step-by-Step Testing Instructions
- Water Analysis Guide
- 1 FREE Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Treatment
(Click here to learn more about your FREE Hard Water Wellness Treatment)
Easy Testing Instructions
Easy Steps for Testing Hardness of Water:
- Tear open Water Hardness Test Strip package and remove test strip. Keep package to refer to key indicating levels of hardness.
- Insert the grayish-green colored end of the water hardness test strip into the flow of water for a few seconds then remove from water. We recommend you test the water you use to shampoo and bathe (shower or tub).
- After 12 seconds, compare water hardness test strip to key on side of test strip package indicating the levels of hardness.
< Green = Soft < Brown = Hard Water < Orange = Very Hard Water
Easy Steps for Testing Chlorine in Water:
Note that chlorine evaporates rapidly. Therefore, test for chlorine as soon after you
draw your water sample as possible.
- Allow cold water in shower or bath to run for one minute. Collect up to 2 ounces of cold water into a clear glass. Do not draw hot water.
- Pour contents of Chlorine Indicator (orthotolodine) into the clear glass and swirl the water around the glass.
- Wait a few minutes for chlorine indicator to reveal the amount of chlorine in the water.
Clear = No residual chlorine in the water
Yellow = Chlorine is present in the water
Bright yellow or a greenish color = High level of chlorine is present and may even exceed the amount required by law for sanitation in public swimming pools